#MWC12 update: No more holding out for a hero – The newly launched Mobile Fringe Festival (@mwcfringe) has them aplentyFebruary 8, 2012
By Rose Ross, AKA Rose_at_O
Helen Keegan aka @Technokitten – founder of #swedishbeers and mobile marketing guruess [Sp.?] [pictured] has just launched a new festival being held in Barcelona from Sunday 26 February to 2 March 2012 alongside the fabulous Mobile World Congress.
It is called Mobile Fringe Festival and you can find out all about the festival here, its sponsors and community partners, how to get involved, the events that are forming part of the festival, our media and community partners and plenty more to keep you busy at Mobile World Congress and the fringe festival. They will also be doing shout-outs for speakers and letting you know how to book for different events and happenings. So make you sure you have it marked as a favourite and follow the fun at @mwcfringe and on its Facebook page http://facebook.com/mwcfringefest.
So when you are packing your suitcase for MWC don’t forget to pack your cape. There’ll be plenty of virtual telephone boxes around for you to transform yourself in.
Here is a small taster of what’s planned;
- Innovation on the Fringe on Sunday, February 26, 2012 1:30 pm
- GoMo News Lounge on Sunday, February 26, 2012 8:00 pm
- Mobile Marketing Mixer on Monday, February 27, 2012 6:30 pm
- Ladies lunch on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 2:30 pm
- OpenMarket / Mobile Entertainment Magazine Party on Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:30 pm
- Swedish Beers – The Heroes of the Mobile Fringe Festival Edition, 2012 on Wednesday, February 29, 2012 7:00 pm
But if you are not at MWC, you can still join in the party, not need to be challenged in the fiesta department. There are some #NOTATMWC activities planned in London. More info on that via the Mobile Heroes site here.